Hey tennis fans!! Hope you are all doing amazing. Weekend is getting close and I’m sure you all have a lot of tennis plans!! Well, after all the requests for a Sand Workout here is a great routine with 6 simple exercises that don’t need more than just sand!! A lot of you will think […]
Hey tennis fans!! Hope you are all doing amazing. Weekend is getting close and I’m sure you all have a lot of tennis plans!! Well, after all the requests for a Sand Workout here is a great routine with 6 simple exercises that don’t need more than just sand!!
A lot of you will think well those exercises I can also make them on the court or in the gym. Of course you can and you should, but making them in the sand will make you workout at least 50% more than in a regular surface. What you are looking for in this exercises are heavy charges of power and strength to your muscles and joints. Making them in the sand will most likely leave you more tired than in any another place. Look for strong stands/steps, feel the heavy sand making you give that extra boost to create acceleration and power in all your body.
HOW TO DO IT??
Note: No more than 2 times per week and don’t do this one or two days before matches!
- SIDE SHUFFLE: Within a 6 steps distance go back and forth for 20 seconds (3 sets). Pay attention to my strong steps rather than quick ones, feel how ankles are working and getting stronger.
- VOLLEYS: 3 Forehands and 3 Backhands (3 sets). Go as low as you can with you legs and show a good technique. It is so important to learn natural movements (correct ones)
- SHORT SPRINT + RECOVERY: 3 short sprints to each side (3 sets). Going low when you reach forward and pushing the heavy sand when you recover back, great work that will also help the strength in lower back, but mostly calves and hamstrings.
- SIDE CROSSING: Within a 6 steps distance go back and forth for 20 seconds (3 sets). This is a VERY important footwork drill to learn to recover when you run to the sides for wide balls. Watch for example how Federer recovers when he is pushes out of the court. Having that great cross-step to recover will make you way faster on your recoveries to the center of the court.
- CLIMBING + SPRINT: 10 seconds of climbing + sprint (3 sets). Amazing exercise that will work your entire body. YES, even help the strength of your wrists. Make sure you push on that acceleration on the sprint.
- QUICK FEET BACK AND FORTH: 15 seconds (3 sets). Go deep on that sand. Fast movements (on your toes) to create that speed and finish a workout that will make you fly on the court!!
Let’s take a look at the exercises now when I make them so you guys have a perception of what they look like and the correct technique!!
Hope you guys enjoyed it!! See you next time!!
Leave Your Comments